The RA Sushi Bar Restaurant concept is based on inventive sushi, Japanese inspired cuisine and innovative cocktails served in a high-energy, fun and subtly sexy environment.
We currently have 20 locations in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Nevada and Texas.
Scottsdale, AZ in 1997.
Below you can find more information about The Hook Up.
1) What is ‘The Hook Up’?
‘The Hook Up’ is our preferred customer email program for guests to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Upon signing up, guests will receive a Welcome Email confirming their enrollment to the program. Our guests will also receive a $20 birthday and half birthday certificate to use throughout the month of their birthday and Half Birthday. Sign up today at www.RAsushi.com.
2) When should I receive my birthday/half birthday certificate?
Birthday and half birthday certificates are emailed to existing members of The Hook Up on the first of day of the month of their birthday and half birthday with the exception of months where the first falls on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. In that case, certificates are sent on the first Monday following the first of the month. If you are registering online during the month of your half birthday, your certificate will be emailed to you within approximately ten business days. Please check the dates your certificate is valid.
3) I never received my certificate. What happened?
Here are a few reasons:
- Your certificate was sent to you, but based on your email account settings the email was filtered to your ‘spam’ or ‘junk mail’ folders. Please check both of these locations for your certificate. Please make sure to add the following email address to your contacts in order to ensure safe delivery of your half birthday certificate: TheHookUp@RAsushi-news.com.
- You may have an incomplete/incorrect date of birth on file (we REQUIRE the following format: MM/DD/YYYY) and/or you have not selected a RA Sushi location you most frequently visit.
- If you and another member registered on the same email account, the information may belong to the other member. There is only one person per email address as stated in ‘The Hook Up’ Terms and Conditions.
- If you registered in one of our restaurants, the information submitted may have been illegible and the registration could not be processed. Please note that in store registrations can take up to four (4) to six (6) weeks to process. If you would like to receive RA notifications immediately, please sign up for ‘The Hook Up’ online at www.RAsushi.com today.
4) I’m having a hard time viewing and/or printing my certificate. What can I do?
This occurs based on the settings for your email account. Make sure the following email address is listed in your contacts: TheHookUp@RAsushi-news.com. You can also try viewing the email in your browser by clicking “View Online” in the top right corner.
If you are still having trouble, please contact your email provider for further assistance.
5) I lost my certificate. Can I get another one?
RA will re-issue certificates during the month of your birthday and half birthday. Please send an email to customerservice@RAsushi.com to request a resend.
6) I just registered for “The Hook Up” on-line and my birthday/half birthday is this month. How soon can I get my certificate?
Certificates for new registrants will be emailed within approximately ten business days of registering. Please make sure to add TheHookUp@RAsushi-news.com to your contact list so your certificate will be delivered to you.
7) Is there any way to get a certificate emailed to me sooner?
Our certificates are issued via an automated computer system and cannot be sent out individually based on a guest’s preferences.
8) If I registered in the restaurant, how long will it take before I get any emails?
Registrations submitted at one of our RA Sushi restaurants take approximately four (4) weeks to (6) weeks to process. If you would like to begin receiving information sooner, please sign up on our website at: www.RAsushi.com
9) Do I need to bring the entire certificate to the restaurant?
Yes. Please bring the printed certificate along with valid photo identification with proof of date of birth (e.g., driver’s license) to any participating RA Sushi location. RA Sushi must be able to verify your name, complete date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY), the certificate’s expiration date and barcode must appear on certificate. If any of these is NOT provided, RA Sushi reserves the right as per the Terms and Conditions of ‘The Hook Up’ to decline the certificate and require payment in full.
10) I tried to register my child for ‘The Hook Up’ so why haven’t they received any information?
‘The Hook Up’ email program requires that members must be at least 13 years of age to participate. If you tried to register a child 12 and under, their information was not processed as it is in violation of the Terms and Conditions of ‘The Hook Up’.
11) I just updated my information with a complete date of birth. Can I get the certificate now even though my birthday/half birthday was last month?
The Hook Up program requires that members provide a complete date of birth and the RA location you most frequently visit in order to receive a certificate. Per ‘The Hook Up’ Terms and Conditions, RA does not issue certificates for birthday/half birthdays in previous months even though the information is now updated. A certificate will be emailed to you on the first day of the month of your next half birthday.
12) What if my name or date of birth is incorrectly spelled or listed? Will the restaurant accept my certificate?
You will need to email us the account information along with what needs to be corrected to customerservice@RAsushi.com and a certificate will be re-issued if there are no other errors with your account. Please note that we will make every effort to reissue a certificate within two business days.
13) Can the expiration date on my certificate be extended?
Unfortunately, RA Sushi does not offer extensions or reissues after the certificate is expired.
14) We only have one shared email address. Why can’t you register two people on the account?
This is a violation of ‘The Hook Up’ email program’s Terms and Conditions which require a unique email address for each member. This information is clearly listed on both the registration form and on our website.
15) How can I receive my certificate if we only have one email account?
You must open a new email account. These are free and available to anyone through a variety of services. Once you have a unique email address, re-register at www.RAsushi.com.
16) If I forget to print off my certificate, can I just show the certificate to the server on my cell phone?
No. The Terms and Conditions of the program require that you present a printed copy of the certificate along with a photo ID in order to receive your offer.
17) I need help with my certificate for my dinner reservation tonight/this weekend. Can you help?
Please send an email to customerservice@RAsushi.com. We will make every effort to respond within two business days, but may require additional time to resolve depending on the issue. We review requests Monday through Friday between 9:30am and 5:30pm Eastern Standard Time. We will do our best to assist you as quickly as we can. Please keep in mind certificates may be redeemed Monday – Thursday ONLY, and may not be redeemed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
18) Can I use my certificate in addition to existing RA Sushi offers?
No. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or discounted pricing including (but not limited to) Happy Hour.
19) How many certificates can be used at one table?
Per the disclaimer listed on the certificate, “Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, discount coupon or promotion. Limit one certificate per person, per party. Certificate valid for onetime use only. Void where prohibited.”
20) Can I use my certificate on takeout?
The birthday and half birthday certificate is valid for dine-in only and must be presented to the wait staff prior to ordering.
The word RA does not have a specific meaning. Rather, it is a sound in the Japanese language. It is easy to pronounce and remember and builds on the sushi concept with a sound similar to the word “raw.”
Yes, you can book your table on our website or through OpenTable.
Of course. Even here at RA we believe there’s more to life than sushi. We are very proud of our soups, salads, noodle dishes, Chicken and Beef Teriyaki and other Japanese fusion delights. Hungry? Check out our menu.
We have calorie information available on our menus. Click here to find the menu for your neighborhood RA Sushi.
Please feel free to email your comments to feedback@RAsushi.com.
Happy Hour pricing is only available if you dine in and is not available on take out orders. But really, Happy Hour is a lot happier in the RA. So stay and have fun!
We sure do. And RA would love to help you host your next event. To find out more about our catering simply click here.
RA Atlanta has a private room. Please contact the manager to accommodate your group.
It’s super easy to give the gift of great food. Gift cards can be purchased at any of our restaurants or online right here.
The RA Marketing Department handles all media buys. Please send media kits/advertising information to advertising@RAsushi.com.
I have a charity event coming up and am looking for a gift certificate for a raffle and/or silent auction. Where can I submit my charity event info?
RA is a big supporter of charitable organizations and we are always happy to consider donation requests. Please fill out your donation request here.
It’s super easy. Just click here and tell us why you would be a great addition to the RA team.
Unfortunately, at this time RA Sushi does not franchise.